Rob the Hunter



November 1 was the first official day of gun season. Rob just had to go out and hunt the first day. He left Tuesday night for Lethbridge so that first thing in the morning he could be out ready for a kill. It is great though because he got a huge 5 x 5 mule buck. He is still on cloud nine I think. I did't hear from him all day on the 1st until about 2 pm and boy was he excited! He couldn't wait to show and tell everyone. On the way back to Calgary, he even had to stop in High River to show his neices. Emmi thought it was kind of neat, but McKenna wouldn't have anything to do with it; probably better that way. Rob and I have met a good friend named Glenn, who is a pro at hunting. His dad was a guide and he has been bow and gun hunting for most of his life. Rob called me on his way home from Lethbridge area to see if I could go buy a thing that holds the deer, or whatever you have, up in the air and spreads the legs so that you can skin it. I thought that I didn't want to go buy one, so I called up Glenn to see if he had one, which I knew he did, and to ask him if he wanted to help Rob skin the mule. He of course said yes because he gets excited to do things like that. And it was good for me that I didn't have to help Rob. Thanks Glenn! So when Rob finnaly got home, Glenn was there and was impressed at the size of this mule, which made Rob feel really good; seeing that Glenn is more of pro than us. So here are some pictures of Rob and his mule buck as well as Rob and Glenn skining it. It was kind of neat to watch, believe it or not. Now Rob is adicted and I'm sure that we will have a lot of meat to eat for quite a while. It's a good thing I love it!

2 Comments:
Awesome Rob! That is a good size buck.
Dave
that;s crazy!! i'm glad you didn't put up any more graphic pics though. do you ever go with rob, mackenzie?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home